Deep in the clouds, the giants' swords smashed against each other. Exovis (the giant who had never lost a battle) was just going easy and the other giant was still struggling to keep up! This went on for several years until a new giant arrived. His name was Alcov. Alcov laughed at Exovis and challenged him to a battle. Exovis refused but when Alcov said he was scared Exovis agreed. The concrete swords smashed and gave off ear-deafening bangs. Just then, Exovis' sword broke! No-one could believe it, Alcov had won! Exovis was so furious that he jumped from the sky and now sleeps in an underground tunnel in a hill made of rock. Today we call it a volcano. Every hundred years, the giant wakes from his sleep and releases his anger which makes fire come out the top which we know as an eruption.Monday, September 12, 2011
Volcano Giant by Jake G
Deep in the clouds, the giants' swords smashed against each other. Exovis (the giant who had never lost a battle) was just going easy and the other giant was still struggling to keep up! This went on for several years until a new giant arrived. His name was Alcov. Alcov laughed at Exovis and challenged him to a battle. Exovis refused but when Alcov said he was scared Exovis agreed. The concrete swords smashed and gave off ear-deafening bangs. Just then, Exovis' sword broke! No-one could believe it, Alcov had won! Exovis was so furious that he jumped from the sky and now sleeps in an underground tunnel in a hill made of rock. Today we call it a volcano. Every hundred years, the giant wakes from his sleep and releases his anger which makes fire come out the top which we know as an eruption.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Jake, I love this piece of writing! I had a real giggle. Getting such an emotion from a reader is a great result as an author. I think the time you spend reading has really paid off...Keep reading AND writing. I am looking forward to reading more of your work. The next time I hear of a volcanic eruption...I will think of this! Corrinne Devitt
ReplyDeleteGreat story Jake! It reminds me of how Mr. T and I met :) -Mr.E
ReplyDeleteAwesome story Jake. I always wondered why we have eruptions every now and again!
ReplyDeleteMr W
Thanks for all the comments. I'd love to hear more of them... wait... i shouldn't be asking, I should just keep writing.
ReplyDeleteHi Jake. I thoroughly enjoyed your story about the fighting giants and could really understand why Exovis was so angry when he lost the battle - I guess no one likes to be beaten. I have read quite a few myths that have been written to explain why volcanos came into being and I believe your version is just as good as the ones written by professional writers. Keep up your hard work and keep developing your writing talent. Mrs R
ReplyDelete